WHAT IS NATURE'S CLASSROOM INSTITUTE?
Nature's Classroom Institute is the nation's premier
environmental education program. We offer a fully customized,
highly engaging 3 or 5 day experience that has direct positive
impacts on classroom community and academic performance. Our
multi-disciplined, degreed educators integrate lessons with the
curriculum of visiting schools in order to reinforce what is
being taught in the classroom. With thousands of classes and
activities to choose from, we create unique and individualized
experiences for each and every student and teacher.
An Extension of the Classroom
Nature's Classroom Institute is a place where students begin to
value their education. We broaden their perspectives to see that
learning is not all textbooks, not all desk, but that school is
where they obtain the skills necessary for other, more
exciting things. Our goal is to motivate students to learn, to
integrate social development with academic experiences, and
to strengthen the link between school and the "real world."
A Student's Choice
We involve students in the learning process
and allow them to choose which classes they take. By
encouraging students to follow their interests we instill
confidence, motivate them to seek out knowledge, and empower them
develop new areas of interest.
More Than Just Science
Teachers at Nature's Classroom Institute incorporate the whole
environment, teaching through the elements of the world around us,
so that students can experience and truly understand not just
science but all subjects, including mathematics, social studies,
history, and language arts.
HOW DO STUDENTS BENEFIT?
- An improved self-concept
- A motivation to learn
- An understanding of what education can offer
- An appreciation for the individuality and uniqueness of each person
- An ability to work with others for the positive benefit of all community members
- A greater awareness of environment and their role within it
- An enhancement of the life skills to help them succeed, grow, and become the next generation’s leaders
WHAT DOES NATURE'S CLASSROOM INSTITUTE OFFER?
- Free explanatory presentations to teacher, parents and school administrators
- Customized multi-disciplinary programming to correlate or expand on your classroom curriculum
- Degreed and experienced educators, including an Education Director
- 1:12 teacher/student ratio
- Group and team-building field experience which improves peer bonding, self development, positive communication, leadership skills and the ability to problem solve
- Student choice and "hands-on" integrative approach to learning which awakens curiosity and elevates comprehension
- A tried and true environmental education residential program with nearly 20 years experience
- Lodging: comfortable air-conditioned and heated facilities; handicapped accessible
- Food: unlimited supply, served family-style with the ability to accommodate special dietary needs
- Medical Response: medical staff on-duty or on-call